Edo governor, Godwin Obaseki has emerged the governorship candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP in the September 19 election.
Governor Godwin Obaseki of Edo state on Thursday emerged the governorship candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP in the September 19 election.
Ahead of the primaries which held in Benin City, the Edo state capital on Thursday, Obaseki was facing an uncertain fate as co-aspirant, Hon. Omoregie Ogbeide-Ihama had approached a Federal High Court sitting in Port Harcourt seeking the disqualification of the governor from participating in the primaries.
However, Vanguard gathered that the National Working Committee, NWC, of the party led by Prince Uche Secondus as well governors elected on the platform of the PDP succeeded in pacifying Ogbeide-Ihama who few hours to balloting dropped of the contest and urged his supporters to rally behind Obaseki.
With that, Obaseki was fated to face businessman cum politician, Kenneth Imasuangbon but following the intervention of the various organs of the party, the aspirant toed the line of others and pledged to work together with Obaseki in the interest of the party.
Meanwhile, the Board of Trustees, BoT of the PDP on Thursday congratulated Governor Obaseki for his victory, urging all and sundry to work together to deliver the state to the party in September.
In a statement by its chairman, Senator Walid Jibrin, the BoT called for formidable unity among party members so that PDP will emerge the ruling party in 2023.
The Board of Trustees also congratulated the NWC of the party and the PDP governors for their tireless efforts in bringing Obaseki into the party fold.
He also thanked the state executives and other members of the BoT for their efforts in sustaining the party.
The statement reads: “On behalf of over 100 PDP BoT members, who serve as the conscience of the party, I wish to sincerely congratulate first the entire people of Edo state inclusive of all political parties, especially members of our party PDP who encouraged Governor Obaseki to quickly move to PDP.
“My biggest congratulations go to Governor Obaseki who quickly understood the All Progressives Congress, APC dirty game in their effort to mock and disgrace him.
“I want to appeal to the leadership and all members of PDP to continue to make our party strong and more united in our efforts to govern Nigeria come 2023. The party should shun actions that will not bring progress. The BoT is ever ready to work with party members especially our NWC and governors.
“We congratulate all the South-South governors for producing all PDP governors from their zone and appeal to other governors to do the same.
“I want to assure the party and all members that BoT is one and united and is ever ready to carry out its responsibilities as the conscience of the party.”
How I Slept With 10 Men While Being Initiated – 19-Year-Old Girl Who Joined Cult Confesses In Edo
Blessing David, a 19-year-old girl and a cult leader known as the Marine Girls, revealed on Thursday that she had slept with 10 men since she joined the group, The PUNCH notes.
The woman, who was initiated along with other girls, said that sleeping with the men was part of the initiation rites.
She said this at the headquarters of the Edo State Police Command in Benin City, when Police Commissioner Johnson Kokumo paraded 15 armed robbery suspects, six cultists, three kidnappers and four murder suspects.
The cultists paraded were three young girls who were said to be Marine Girls.
Blessing told PUNCH Metro that she had joined the party in 2019.
“Blessing David is my word. Last year, I was accepted into the cult. I slept with 10 people as part of the initiation process, “she said.
Another 16-year-old girl, Ada Emeka, said she was sleeping with 10 men as part of the initiation rites.
The CP said two alleged armed robbers had been killed by command operatives in the early hours of Thursday.
“The eight-man robbery gang operating in the Amagba region of Benin City robbed 13 homes, wounding victims with machetes and other weapons during the operation that began about 12 a.m. on Thursday and lasted until 3 a.m. They were engaged in a gun duel by the police and two of them were killed in the process, “Kokumo said.
One of the victims, who gave his name simply as Eghosa, said that he was sleeping with his wife in the bedroom when he unexpectedly saw torch lights pointed at them.
He said, “The thieves removed the window and used blocks to hit the door protector repeatedly before it gave way. They walked into our house, gathered the money available, wounded my mother and my newborn baby with machetes, and smashed my wife’s iPhone on the wall when it became clear they couldn’t make use of the phone.
“When they left my place, they robbed about 13 other houses until the guards and the police called. Once the police arrived, they began to exchange bullets with the robbers. Two of them were killed and one of them was captured. This one was the one who took the iPhone of my wife.
Billionaire, Ned Nwoko Reacts After Journalist Accused Him Of Belonging To A Cult Group
Billionaire businessman and philanthropist, Prince Ned Nwoko has paid N2billion damages for the defamation of a character claim against journalist and online publisher Azuka Jebose Molokwu.
It comes after the reporter accused the businessman of belonging to a cult group.
This is set out in the notice of summons received from the High Court of Effurun, Delta State on behalf of Nwoko by its lawyer, Ikhide Ehighelua and Co, dated 13 July 2020.
Also joined in the suit No. EHC 99 as the second defendant is Prince Chukwunonso Nwoko, who was listed as employer and supporter of the first defendant, Jebose, a native of Onicha-Ugbo, Aniocha North Local Government Area, Delta State, resident in the United States of America.
According to the suit, both defendants made extremely diffamatory publications in a variety of online blogs and other social media outlets “calculated to the the claimant’s calculation” and to damage the public’s credibility.
This alleged that the malicious publications had proceeded unabated against the complainant, despite the warnings from his lawyers to the defendants.
Nwoko ‘s Counsel also argued that the first defendant had publicly declared on the social media that the notices would not dissuade his defamatory publications, triggering legal action.
The plaintiff also demanded in his favor, before the court, “public apology for publication by the defendants in at least two national daily newspapers circulated in Nigeria and on social media sites,” as well as an order of perpetual injunction prohibiting the defendants from making any more diffamatory publications against him.
Face Of Ex-DSS Operative Who Impregnated His 16-year-old Daughter In Rivers (Photo)
The identity of a man who had the carnal knowledge of his underage daughter and impregnated her was exposed.
Former DSS officer Eromosele Mahmud, 47, confessed to the police after he was arrested in Rivers State for allegedly impregnating his 16-year-old daughter after five years of rape.
The defendant, a single parent and the father of three of them from the Esako West Local Government Area of Edo State, but resident in Port Harcourt, admitted to having been raped since she was 12 years old.
Eromosele, who said that he did not know what forced him into the crime, begged that his daughter’s two-month pregnancy should be nurtured before delivery, adding that he had not subscribed to abortion.
He admitted that his daughter had come to enjoy the incestuous affair, and even forced herself on him.
He said, “This is a war I’ve been trying to fight over the years, and it seems to be a lot bigger than me. I do not withhold any evidence or reality as far as this case is concerned. When this is the only way my daughter will be released if I go to jail, then it’s a positive thing. My joy is that even now, when I talk to you, I am relieved.